‘Slippery rails’ causing cancellations and delays on Greater Anglia
- Credit: Archant
Greater Anglia are have cancelled trains due to slippery rails between Norwich and London Liverpool Street.
On their website, Greater Anglia say: “Due to poor rail conditions between Norwich and Diss the line towards Ipswich is disrupted.
“Disruption is expected until further notice.
“Train services between Norwich and London Liverpool Street may be delayed by up to 20 minutes.”
At the time of writing there are at least four services cancelled and 18 services delayed due to the conditions on the rails.
You may also want to watch:
Overrunning engineering works have also caused the 06:14 Lowestoft to Ipswich, due 07:44, to be cancelled.
It has not been made clear of the engineering works will affect any other services on this line.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 6 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 7 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook
- 10 'It was always going to be' - Cook confirms Morsy as Town's club captain
The company are directing commuters to their Delay Repay scheme - refunds are available for customers whose journey has been delayed by 30 minutes or more.