Poulter pledges support for muscle disease campaign
SUFFOLK: A pledge to support muscle disease patients and help secure better health services has been made by one of the county’s new MPs.
Dr Dan Poulter, Tory MP for Suffolk Central & Ipswich North, has promised to do all he can to help constituents achieve better healthcare.
In East Anglia, the main issues facing muscle disease patients are a lack of information and support at diagnosis, no physiotherapy, services for child sufferers withdrawn at adulthood, difficulty in accessing services such as hydrotherapy pools and equipment such as wheelchairs.
Dr Poulter will become a link for local patients and families in raising awareness of muscle wasting conditions and putting pressure on the NHS to improve services.
He said: “I made the commitment to support muscle disease patients and their families if I was elected because I believe they need, and deserve, much better healthcare.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m keen to take up the challenge of helping sufferers fight for better care and services and I hope I can be of use in the campaigning work they do.”
Nic Bungay, head of the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign’s head of policy, said: “We are grateful for Dr Poulter’s support in our fight for better muscle disease services in the East of England,,
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 8 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 9 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 10 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
“It will lend real weight to our campaign.”
n Do you suffer from muscle disease and what do you think of Dr Poulter’s pledge? Write to Your Letters, The Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org