Power cut hits over 250 homes and businesses in Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Two power cuts left over 250 people without electricity in Suffolk this morning.
A total of 274 homes or businesses suffered a power cut in the Harleston area due to an underground cable fault at 9.52am today.
Buildings were affected in the IP1 4, IP20 0, and IP20 9 areas.
Meanwhile, four properties or businesses were also without power in the Mettingham area of north Suffolk after a tree branch damaged an overhead line at 9.08am, affecting people in the NR35 1 post code area.
Power had been restored to all buildings by 12.40pm after engineers carried out repair work.
You may also want to watch:
A UK Power Networks spokesman said: “The supplies to the remaining properties in Harleston were restored at 12.40pm, and the supplies to the remaining properties in Mettingham were restored just before 11.30am.”
In an earlier statement, the spokesman said: “We understand how difficult it is to be without electricity and apologise for any inconvenience caused.”
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 9 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 10 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water