Huge power cut knocks out electricity to almost 1,000 homes
- Credit: Archant
Almost 1,000 homes are without power this afternoon after a major power cut in Mid Suffolk.
The power cut is currently affecting areas around Stowmarket, Needham Market and Eye.
At its height, more than 2,000 homes were affected but many have since been reconnected.
A UK Power Networks spokesman said: "We were investigating a high voltage overhead electricity line fault which caused a power cut in the local area."
It initially expected to have the power cut resolved between 5pm and 6pm this evening, however that has now been moved to between 10.30pm and 11.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Some homes now have full power.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 3 Timeline: When can you expect to receive the Covid vaccine?
- 4 Car catches fire outside Morrisons store in Ipswich
- 5 Suffolk Covid rates declining, but increased deaths expected
- 6 Covid rate falling across Suffolk and north Essex
- 7 Ipswich consider striker signing after Hawkins undergoes surgery
- 8 Town have 27 first teamers available... And Taylor hints at the return of squad rotation
- 9 Parents 'distraught' after teenage boy is violently assaulted in Chantry
- 10 Plans to convert pub into takeaway refused