Huge power cut knocks out electricity to almost 1,000 homes
- Credit: Archant
Almost 1,000 homes are without power this afternoon after a major power cut in Mid Suffolk.
The power cut is currently affecting areas around Stowmarket, Needham Market and Eye.
At its height, more than 2,000 homes were affected but many have since been reconnected.
A UK Power Networks spokesman said: "We were investigating a high voltage overhead electricity line fault which caused a power cut in the local area."
It initially expected to have the power cut resolved between 5pm and 6pm this evening, however that has now been moved to between 10.30pm and 11.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Some homes now have full power.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 4 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 7 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 8 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 9 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe