More power cuts as Storm Darcy continues to bring problems
- Credit: RICHARD CORNWELL
Engineers are still working to restore power to homes in Suffolk - after snow brought a flurry of fresh disruption to supplies this afternoon.
Power staff worked through blizzards this morning to restore electricity supplies to hundreds of people across the county.
UK Power Networks was left dealing with 12 power cuts in West, East and Mid Suffolk after Storm Darcy arrived - with heavy snow showers and strong north-easterly winds causing havoc.
By late morning most people had had their power restored.
These included power cuts in Framlingham, Earl Soham and Badingham, parts of Wickham Market, Leiston, Grundisburgh and Melton, Orford, Waldringfield, and Lackford where 359 people were without power in more than 18 postcode areas
Chilton and Mendlesham suffered cuts through the early hours of the morning which have also now been resolved.
Work is still going to resolve a power cut in in Bradfield St Clare affecting 14 postcode areas and UK Power Networks says it is taking longer than expected to fix the overhead cables.
- 1 A140 closed this weekend to connect road to new roundabout
- 2 Hair salon and cocktail bar opening new Suffolk site as demand 'goes bananas'
- 3 Suffolk Instagram star spreads body positivity for 'mid-size' girls through fashion
- 4 Former bakery goes up for sale after restaurant plans fall through
- 5 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 6 Suffolk events going ahead this summer which you can enjoy
- 7 Ex-Town star named as U's boss
- 8 Plan for 28 homes in village gets go-ahead
- 9 Town boss Lambert a long shot for Celtic job after Lennon quits
- 10 University of Suffolk ranks as worst in UK for dropout rates
An engineer said: "We can appreciate how frustrating and disruptive being without power can be, and our staff are working as fast as they can."
Three households are still without power in Seaward Avenue in Leiston but engineers are on site and hope to have power restored by 7pm.
Fresh incidents this afternoon include 16 households near Benacre suffering a power cut - on site investigations are under way. Power was restored after a problem in Southwold, but a small number of people are still without electricity near Ilketshall St Margaret, but engineers are on site.
UK Power Networks has apologised for the problems around the county and appealed for people to be patient, saying engineers are working as fast as they can.
To check for a power cut in your area use the UK Power Networks live map.