Further inquest review for three-year-old killed after being thrown from trampoline
- Credit: Courtesy of the Littleboy Family
A pre-inquest into the death of Ava-May Littleboy, who died after being thrown from an inflatable trampoline, is set to take place today (Tuesday).
The three-year-old from Somersham near Ipswich was on the inflatable at Gorleston beach when it exploded.
Her inquest opening heard she had died from a traumatic head injury.
The tragedy led to an outpouring of grief with many tributes left at the seaside playground.
Following the girl's death on July 1, 2018 a man and a woman in their 40s were arrested on suspicion of manslaughter, but police later announced they would be dropping the charges following talks with the Crown Prosecution Service.
You may also want to watch:
The last inquest review in September heard that the Health and Safety Executive had yet to decide whether it would bring charges relating to the incident.
The review also heard that the full inquest, scheduled for January 13 next year, will look at the acquisition and risk assessments of the inflatable and the working practises of Johnson Funfairs.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 6 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 7 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 9 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 10 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star