President arrives at Stansted
President Barack Obama arrived at Stansted Airport last night ahead of the G20 summit in London.
US President Barack Obama arrived at Stansted Airport tonight as world leaders gather for the G20 summit.
The President accompanied by first lady Michelle Obama arrived on Air Force after travelling from an airbase near Washington DC.
They landed on British soil at 7.50pm, Mr Obama's first visit to Europe since being elected as President.
Mr Obama was met by Chancellor Alistair Darling after walking down the steps of the Bowing 747, accompanied by first lady Michelle Obama.
You may also want to watch:
He then walked to his helicopter - Marine One - a Black Hawk flown in from America, to be taken to London.
A major security operation was launched around Stansted Airport ahead of the arrival of the President's plane.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 6 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 7 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 8 Major delays on A14 near Ipswich as broken down crane blocks carriageway
- 9 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 10 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
In central London, a small crowd was gathering in Regent's Park to await the arrival of the president on Marine One.