Pretty thatched cottage with fine views in Kettlebaston a snip at £750k
- Credit: Archant
This pretty ‘chocolate box style’ farmhouse home at Kettlebaston could be yours for £750,000.
This stunning family home, Grade II-listed, is off the beaten track, set in its own landscaped gardens,
This is an attractive area for country walks and cycling with a range of good facilities in nearby historic Lavenham, Bildeston, Monks Eleigh and Chelsworth.
Kettlebaston itself, set on high ground, is a picturesque village with period homes, a beautiful church and a gently undulating landscape with brooks and small rivers.
Church Farmhouse has panoramic views south across the Brett Valley and is set in its own meticulously landscaped gardens,
This country home has been sympathetically renovated and improved and finished to a high specification, for modern living.
Character features include red brick flooring, exposed timber framing and bracing, and an inglenook fireplace in the sitting room.
- 1 'It's a contractual issue' - McKenna explains Simpson recall
- 2 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 3 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 4 'It was worth it!' - Town co-owner has a celebration scar
- 5 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 6 'I lost my patience... that's how I roll' - Holt apology for 'derogatory' Morsy comments
- 7 Stu says: Seven observations following Wimbledon win
- 8 'We were harshly beaten' - Dons boss on Town defeat
- 9 'I'm almost getting fed goals on a plate... there's no better feeling' - Town match-winner Burns loving life at Ipswich
- 10 Award-winning east Suffolk restaurant temporarily closes ahead of takeover
It has a splendid dual aspect Aga kitchen and stylish upgraded bathroom suites.
There is a front entrance, with a beamed hallway leading to the inner hall, with a staircase rising to the first floor.
There is a ground floor shower room, with underfloor heating.
The sitting room has a woodburning stove in the inglenook fireplace and the drawing room/snug has dual aspect views across the garden pond and the Brett Valley beyond.
The Aga kitchen is fully equipped with a range of integral appliances, a butler sink with an instant hot water tap, and it has a large shelved pantry and a stable door leading to the garden.
On the first floor the landing area has an original external wall, with some retained pargetting and there is also access to the loft space.
There are two double master bedrooms, both with stunning views.
One has exposed timber framing and a feature fireplace and both have access to the bath and shower rooms.
A secondary staircase rises to the second floor where there are two attic bedrooms, with storage, exposed timbers, bracing and tie beams. There are fine views from the windows.
Outside the grounds extend to approximately one acre, with sweeping lawns and well designed and landscaped borders including roses, lavender and box hedging, and red brick pathways connecting private patio areas, for al fresco dining and entertaining.
A potting shed has been converted, with power and lighting, a butler sink, and is a perfect area for relaxing and enjoying the garden views.
A wild garden borders the pond, with a weeping willow tree shading the bridge, providing a haven for wildlife.
An entrance at the side leads to a private driveway with plenty of parking space as well as a wood store, workshop and a garden store.
Church Farm, Kettlebaston is for sale with Fine & Country with a guide price of £750,000.