See full list of Prezzo and Chimichanga stores due to close in Suffolk and north Essex
- Credit: Archant
Prezzo restaurants across the region are under threat of closure as the well-known chain prepares to shut 100 branches in a mass restructure.
Less profitable outlets – forming a third of the business’ 300-restaurant portfolio – are earmarked for closure as bosses work with AlixPartners to kickstart the shake-up.
The chain announced they would be carrying out the overhaul after admitting they were facing difficulties last week.
All 33 of its Chimichanga branches are due to close as part of the reshuffle, including outlets in Ipswich and Braintree.
It was a dim few days for the retail and restaurant industries with electronics store Maplin and Toys R Us crashing into administration – putting more than 5,000 jobs in jeopardy.
You may also want to watch:
Here are the stores earmarked for closure in Suffolk and north Essex:
Braintree (Freeport Village)
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 6 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 7 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 8 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 9 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
Chelmsford (Baddow Road)