Primark recalls Christmas tree candle over safety concerns
- Credit: Archant
Primark has recalled a Christmas tree candle sold in its stores due to safety concerns over a coating which could cause it to burn “more quickly and more aggressively than it should”.
The clothing store says following an investigation, the Large Glitter Christmas Tree Candle product does not meet its “usual high standards for safety”.
The candle was on sale in Primark’s UK stores from August 27 to December 7 this year.
Anyone who purchased the product can return it to any Primark store without proof of purchase for a full refund.
A statement on Primark’s website said: “Following an investigation it has come to our attention that the Large Glitter Christmas Tree Candle does not meet the Primark usual high standards for safety.
You may also want to watch:
“We have identified a potential issue with a coating used during manufacturing that may cause the candle to burn more quickly and more aggressively than it should.
“With the safety of our customers at the forefront of our minds we are asking you to return this item for a full refund.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 6 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 9 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 10 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
“If you have purchased this product then please return it to any Primark store where you will be offered a full refund. You will not be required to provide proof of purchase.”