Princess makes Afghanistan visit
PRINCESS Anne has paid a visit to British troops in Afghanistan.The surprise announcement was made by the Ministry of Defence tonight.More to follow.
PRINCESS Anne has paid a visit to British troops in Afghanistan.
The surprise announcement was made by the Ministry of Defence tonight.
The princess, who holds a range of honorary ranks with various regiments, spent time in the forces' main base Camp Bastion on Monday.
She met soldiers from a number of units including military dog handlers.
You may also want to watch:
Her last visit to Afghanistan was in October 2006.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 5 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 6 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 7 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 8 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 9 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 10 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1