‘I’m absolutely disgusted... We are on our own’: Tavis’s stepmother hits out at lack of funding
- Credit: Archant
Helen Forbes is the co-founder of the new youth club at Nansen Road Baptist Church and stepmother of murdered Ipswich teenager Tavis Spencer-Aitkens.
Reacting to the lack of funding, Ms Forbes said: "I absolutely agree with Tim Passmore and I am just as upset as he is about this.
"Our youth club is still reaching out for funding. If I had gone down this route of asking for funding from the government I would still be reaching out for funding.
"The PCC and police know we are in trouble with county lines - even the judge in Tavis's case said that this was something waiting to happen.
"When we opened our doors for the youth club we never expected there to be so many children. I had 15 children turn up to register with us.
You may also want to watch:
"One parent told me it is a shame this club wasn't here before, because it might have made the difference for someone like Tavis.
"I can't say if it would have made the difference, but I know the authorities weren't here before and they're not here now."
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 7 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 8 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 9 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
- 10 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?