Prison protest ended
A PROTEST held today by inmates at Warren Hill prison at Hollesley, has been ended.The Ministry of Justice said a “small” group of young people staged a protest in the early hours of today.
A PROTEST held today by inmates at Warren Hill prison at Hollesley, has been ended.
The Ministry of Justice said a “small” group of young people staged a protest in the early hours of today.
Officers negotiated with the group and the protest was ended without injury.
Suffolk police said they had not attended the incident.
Warren Hill, on the Hollesley Bay site, is a young offenders' institution. It has capacity for 222 inmates.
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 6 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 7 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 8 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 9 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch
- 10 Hughes nets a hat-trick for Town Under 23s as familiar face plays for QPR