Prisoner appears in court charged with escaping from Hollesley Bay open prison
- Credit: Contributed
A 36-year-old robber has appeared in court charged with escaping from Hollesley Bay open prison.
William McIvor is accused of absconding from the jail on Saturday sometime between 6am and 8am.
He had been serving an indeterminate sentence for robbery.
McIvor made his first appearance on the escape charge before South East Suffolk Magistrates Court.
However, the matter is so serious it can only be dealt with at crown court.
You may also want to watch:
District Judge Celia Dawson said she was committing McIvor’s case to Ipswich Crown Court.
His next appearance will be on January 20 for a plea and case management hearing.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 3 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?