Prisoners cause disturbance at Warren Hill
POLICE have launched an investigation after inmates at a Suffolk prison caused a disturbance by refusing to leave the recreation ground.
Staff at Warren Hill in Hollesley Bay had to step in to resolve the incident last night.
The situation arose after a group of prisoners refused to leave an area of the detention centre.
A Prison Service spokesman said the disturbance began at around 7.35pm, describing it as an incident of “concerted indiscipline” at the open prison.
Suffolk Police has confirmed they will be leading the investigation into the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesperson said: “We were notified last night of a disturbance, with reports of some assaults and some criminal damage.
“Police will be carrying out an investigation into the incident and they will be liaising with prison authorities and officials at the site.”
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 3 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 4 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 9 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo