Probe after body found in toilet block
INVESTIGATIONS are continuing after a man's body was discovered in an Ipswich toilet block.An ambulance was called to the toilets at Major's Corner, opposite the Odeon cinema, at around midnight yesterday .
INVESTIGATIONS are continuing after a man's body was discovered in an Ipswich toilet block.
An ambulance was called to the toilets at Major's Corner, opposite the Odeon cinema, at around midnight yesterday .
A spokesman for the ambulance service said: "We received a call to say that a man, believed to be in his mid-40s had been found in the toilets.
"He was not conscious or breathing, and was already deceased when we arrived. It was then left in the hands of the police."
You may also want to watch:
The East Anglian Ambulance service notified the police who cordoned off the area.
Scenes of crime officers were carrying out further routine investigations throughout the day.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 4 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 5 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 6 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 7 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
Police will also be trying to identify the man and inform his next-of-kin. At this stage police are treating the death as unexplained.
The body was removed in the early hours of yesterdaymorning and has been taken to Ipswich Hospital where a post mortem examination was due to be carried out.
A Suffolk police spokesman said: "Ipswich police were called by the ambulance service just after midnight, following the discovery of a man's body in the public toilets on Major's Corner.
"At this point in time police are treating the death as unexplained."