Probe into A12 car-jacking
POLICE are investigating an attempted car-jacking on the A12 in Suffolk.
POLICE officers are appealing for witnesses after a car-jacking on the A12 in Suffolk today.
Officers were called to the robbery at the Rackhams Corner roundabout around 5am this morning when a woman reported she had been attacked by four youths.
The 45-year-old woman was driving northbound towards Rackhams Corner, near Corton in Lowestoft, when she was overtaken by four men in a red Corsa.
As she approached she noticed the Corsa was on the roundabout and on fire and she saw a male at the side of the road flagging her down. He came over and said there had been an accident but then demanded she hand over her car keys.
You may also want to watch:
When she refused she was assaulted by the first male and a second male who pulled her from the car. She managed to get away and called police.
All four males got into the vehicle and stole her handbag before fleeing on foot when they realised she had called police.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 8 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
The 45-year-old sustained an injury to her ear and was taken to the James Paget Hospital where it was glued.
Officers are continuing to search for the males involved and have had several possible sightings of youths between Hopton and Gorleston in the past few hours. Numerous enquiries are ongoing to locate them.
Two males were seen at the A12 Hopton roundabout, one is described as wearing a white hooded top and black trousers and the other was all in black clothing. Both had dark hair. A further male was seen running towards Hopton along the dual carriageway. He is described as wearing a black top with white stripes. Police are keen to trace these individuals and are asking them, or anyone with information about who they are to come forward.
If you have any information regarding this incident or those involved please call Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.