Probe into body found on beach
THE body of a man has been found washed up on a rocky stretch of beach between Holland on Sea and Frinton.A member of the public reported the grim discovery to emergency services shortly after 7am yesterday .
THE body of a man has been found washed up on a rocky stretch of beach between Holland on Sea and Frinton.
A member of the public reported the grim discovery to emergency services shortly after 7am yesterday .
Police were dispatched to a spot roughly mid way between Holland Haven and Sandy Point, close to Frinton Golf Course.
Officers said last night they believed they knew the identity of the man, who was aged around 50 and from Essex.
You may also want to watch:
However they did not release his name because a formal identity had not taken place.
A spokesman said: "We had to work quickly because the tide was coming in and we had to get scenes of crime officers from Harwich over there very swiftly."
- 1 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 2 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 3 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 5 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 7 Mark Ashton: The 'divisive' figure with a track record for promotion and profits
- 8 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 9 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
- 10 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
They added that the man's death was not being treated as suspicious and was not being linked to any ongoing missing person's inquiry.