Probe into body found on beach
THE body of a man has been found washed up on a rocky stretch of beach between Holland on Sea and Frinton.A member of the public reported the grim discovery to emergency services shortly after 7am yesterday .
THE body of a man has been found washed up on a rocky stretch of beach between Holland on Sea and Frinton.
A member of the public reported the grim discovery to emergency services shortly after 7am yesterday .
Police were dispatched to a spot roughly mid way between Holland Haven and Sandy Point, close to Frinton Golf Course.
Officers said last night they believed they knew the identity of the man, who was aged around 50 and from Essex.
However they did not release his name because a formal identity had not taken place.
A spokesman said: "We had to work quickly because the tide was coming in and we had to get scenes of crime officers from Harwich over there very swiftly."
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for £13k a week Walton
- 5 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 6 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 7 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 8 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 9 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years
- 10 Motorist was three times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket
They added that the man's death was not being treated as suspicious and was not being linked to any ongoing missing person's inquiry.