Proceeds of venue’s annual ball handed over to charity patron
- Credit: Lucy taylor
A stately Suffolk retreat has handed over the proceeds of an annual fundraising celebration.
Paul Rous, of Bruisyard Hall, presented a cheque worth £4,915 to Christopher Hudson, who has supported military charity SSAFA during his county council chairmanship.
The wedding and function venue near Framlingham has hosted a charity ball for the last three years, raising £25,000 for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices, Suffolk Community Foundation, the Countryside Alliance and SSAFA.
Mr Rous said: “SSAFA is a very active and sometimes under appreciated charity which assists not only service men and women but also veterans and their families.”
Mr Hudson added: “I am delighted to have received this very generous donation from Bruisyard Hall and the Rous family. SSAFA, which is my chosen chairman’s charity, does so much for those whose primary role is the defence of our country.”
You may also want to watch:
Bruisyard Hall will host a Halloween-themed ball on October 31, with the chosen local charity to be confirmed.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue