Project to build Lego replica of St Edmundsbury Cathedral has sponsorship opportunities available
A project to build a Lego replica of St Edmundsbury Cathedral is looking for businesses and residents to get involved to help raise £200,000.
Nearly 32,000 bricks have already been placed on the recreation of one of Bury St Edmunds’ most iconic buildings by visitors to the cathedral by paying £1 per brick.
There are now sponsorship opportunites available to local businesses and those with a connection to the town and Suffolk.
Marie Taylor-Stent, events and marketing manager at St Edmundsbury Cathedral, said: “We have been so pleased with the response to our Lego project.
“It has given us a chance to reach out to new audiences in a fun but meaningful way. This is an innovative and fun opportunity for local companies to make a connection or reconnect with the cathedral and play their part in the ongoing future of this very special building.
You may also want to watch:
“This would also make a fantastic Christmas, birthday or anniversary present for a true Lego fan.”
Packages are now available to sponsor the font, the bishop’s seat, the five altars within the cathedral and the pews on the Lego model and there are opportunities to suit every budget.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 3 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 4 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 5 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 6 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 7 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 8 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 9 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 10 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-3 draw at Colchester
Marie added:”Sponsorship of the most eye-catching piece in the cathedral – the font – is available at £2,500 for a lifetime platinum sponsorship package. “Alternatively, the bishop’s seat can be sponsored for £1,250, or one or all of the five altars at £500 per altar. Sponsorship of a congregational pew is also available at £125 per pew, with mini figures included.”
Contact 01284 748721 or email email@example.com for details.