Properties smoke logged after van fire

PROPERTIES had to be ventilated after a camper van caught alight in a garage in Acton, near Sudbury.

PROPERTIES had to be ventilated after a camper van caught alight in a garage in Acton, near Sudbury.

Suffolk Fire Service were called to the incident around 7.30pm this evening on Cobblers Way.

They removed the camper van from the garage but adjoining properties had to be ventilated because of smoke spread.

A hose reel and four breathing apparatus were used to extinguish the fire by 8.50pm.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter