See inside stunning Victorian water tower – as it’s put on sale for £900k
- Credit: FENN WRIGHT
An 100ft converted water tower with views across the River Deben has been put on the market in a picturesque Suffolk village.
The unique property in Melton, near Woodbridge, has four bedrooms and stretches over six floors.
Featuring high ceilings, exposed red brick and ornate windows, the current owners have preserved its Victorian features while maintaining a modern feel.
On sale for £900,000, the property in Clements Road casts far-reaching views across Melton Park and the surrounding countryside, including the River Deben.
Double doors to the ground floor open into the reception hall, which provides access to an oak-fronted kitchen/breakfast room, a formal sitting room with a feature fireplace, TV snug area, and octagonal dining room.
You may also want to watch:
The large master bedroom with en-suite, two further bedrooms and a family bathroom occupy the first floor of the property, which also features a central octagonal hallway.
The old water gauge for the tower is also on this floor, alongside a staircase leading to a galleried landing, with a door opening onto the roof top.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 5 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 8 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 9 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 10 'It wasn't good for all our hearts' - Roberts delight after Town comeback win
Beyond this there are four further storeys, with another bedroom on the third floor, and a family bathroom on the second floor.
The property is 100ft from top to bottom, with a fire escape fitted from the roof.
It is within walking distance of the nine-hole St Audrey’s golf course and the 18-hole course at Ufford Park, its driving range and spa.