Proposals for Aspall Cyder to expand business with £6million press room are examined
- Credit: Su Anderson
Multi-million pound proposals to expand a well-known drinks firm will be delayed to allow time to account for residents’ views to be heard.
Aspall Cyder, which is based in the village of Aspall, near Debenham, is set to invest £6million in a new press room so it can increase apple juice production from 2.5million litres a year to 10million.
On Wednesday evening, around 30 people attended a public exhibition on the proposals.
Managing director, Des Smith, said those views would be taken into account but to do so would mean a two-week delay on applying for planning permission.
“We do want to consider the views but do it in the right way and take everyone into consideration,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
The application is due to be submitted in January.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 10 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex