Pub evacuated following fire

A PUB had to be evacuated today following a fire.

Anthony Bond

A PUB had to be evacuated today following a fire.

Firefighters were called to the Earl Kitchener pub in Hadleigh Road, Ipswich, at 12.07pm.

On arrival they located a fire in an upstairs bedroom.


You may also want to watch:


Landlord Alan Cooper said it was caused by a faulty lamp. “The fire was not that big,” he said. “We called the fire brigade because there was lots of smoke. They were very quick and here within seconds.”

The pub was evacuated while firefighters dealt with the blaze and the incident was over by 12.26pm. The pub reopened shortly afterwards and the fire caused minor damage to the bedroom.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus