Pupils have the recipe for success
ENTERPRISING children have teamed up with a professional chef to cook 200 Christmas puddings to sell in their local community.
Profits from the sale of the puddings will help boost funds at Yoxford Primary School, near Saxmundham.
This is the second year running the school has worked with Simon Cook, of the Smugglers Pudding Company, to produce the seasonal fare.
The 100 puddings made last year proved hugely popular and sold out quickly, hence the decision to double production in 2010.
Headteacher Jan Williams said the project was enjoyable but also important educationally.
You may also want to watch:
“By participating in enterprising projects within the classroom, pupils are able to take part in events that are real and give them both a role to play and responsibilities to undertake.
“We are encouraging children to be effective contributors, responsible citizens, successful learners and confident individuals,” she added.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 6 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 9 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 10 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
As well as promoting business links, the project encourages children to make practical use of their numeracy, communication and IT skills. They have had to work out their costs and decide how much to charge per pudding in order to make a profit.
Logistical and marketing skills have also been brought into play as the youngsters had to choose outlets for their produce, decide on packaging and how to maintain stock levels.
? Yoxford Primary School’s Christmas puddings can be bought at its Christmas Fair, being held at the school on Thursday, December 2 from 4pm, and at shops and restaurants in the village.
There will also be a pudding tasting event at Yoxford Post Office on Saturday, December 4, in the afternoon.