New chairwoman elected at Suffolk Coastal District Council
- Credit: Suffolk Coastal District Council
Nicky Yeo has been elected as the new chairwoman of Suffolk Coastal District Council.
Ms Yeo, who represents the Nacton and Purdis Farm ward, will hold the role until the new East Suffolk Council is formed and a subsequent chairman elected in 2019.
She takes over the role from Chris Blundell. Colin Hedgeley, who represents Woodbridge, is the new vice-chairman.
MS Yeo, who lives near Levington, has been a member of the council since 2015.
“I’m really looking forward to my year in office, particularly as I am fulfilling the role at such a historic time for east Suffolk,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“As the last chairman for Suffolk Coastal, I want to make sure I really make a mark, so our chain of office can be retired on a high note.
“I am particularly interested in working to bring young people and the elderly together across the district, so will be looking to carry out charitable work which supports young and old working together.
- 1 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 6 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 8 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 9 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 10 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
“I am challenging my colleagues to use their Enabling Communities budgets to engage with people of various ages within the community, with the older generation giving their life’s experience and the younger generation imparting their knowledge of computers and social media.”