New chairwoman elected at Suffolk Coastal District Council
- Credit: Suffolk Coastal District Council
Nicky Yeo has been elected as the new chairwoman of Suffolk Coastal District Council.
Ms Yeo, who represents the Nacton and Purdis Farm ward, will hold the role until the new East Suffolk Council is formed and a subsequent chairman elected in 2019.
She takes over the role from Chris Blundell. Colin Hedgeley, who represents Woodbridge, is the new vice-chairman.
MS Yeo, who lives near Levington, has been a member of the council since 2015.
“I’m really looking forward to my year in office, particularly as I am fulfilling the role at such a historic time for east Suffolk,” she said.
“As the last chairman for Suffolk Coastal, I want to make sure I really make a mark, so our chain of office can be retired on a high note.
“I am particularly interested in working to bring young people and the elderly together across the district, so will be looking to carry out charitable work which supports young and old working together.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 2 Two incidents of indecent exposure within 20 minutes in Suffolk village
- 3 The Unruly Pig in Suffolk is named best gastropub in the UK
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Swans prepare 'six-figure bid' for Fraser
- 5 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 6 Man, 33, jailed for 10 years for child sex offences
- 7 Town skipper Morsy handed four-game ban after Accrington charge
- 8 Hot ticket for what could be a big night... AFC Wimbledon v Ipswich
- 9 Award-winning east Suffolk restaurant temporarily closes ahead of takeover
- 10 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
“I am challenging my colleagues to use their Enabling Communities budgets to engage with people of various ages within the community, with the older generation giving their life’s experience and the younger generation imparting their knowledge of computers and social media.”