Puss in Boots performances are a success at the Regal Theatre, Stowmarket
- Credit: Archant
Sold-out performances of Puss in Boots, featuring a cast of more than 30 people, have been a success.
Stowmarket Operatic & Dramatic Society’s fun-filled pantomime, ran for seven performances at the Regal Theatre in the town last week.
The panto was directed by Cathy Dixey and featured musical direction by John Lindley and choreography by Meryl Bunce and Ellie Ramsden.
Cathy Dixey, director, said: “It’s wonderful to see the Regal Theatre packed for every performance, with children and adults alike really getting into the Christmas spirit.
“The full houses are a just reward for all the hard work that has been put into presenting a super panto for Stowmarket – not just by the cast but everyone who has worked to create the staging, the sets, costumes, lighting, props, music and everything that goes into presenting a great show.
You may also want to watch:
“We also want to thank all those who have bought tickets, supporting their local performers and theatre, joining in with audience participation and creating such a fantastic atmosphere.”
Pierre was played by Matt Bendall, with Zoe Cole as Puss In Boots who had to try and rescue Princess Eloise (Beth Jennings) from the clutches of the ogre Bogwater (Nigel Lungley).
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 9 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 10 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth