Taking tea with the Queen
- Credit: PA
A Needham Market mum was given the opportunity of a life time to meet the Queen at the Buckingham Palace Garden party as part of a celebration for her British Empire Medal awarded last year.
Margaret Baxter, 96, attended the party alongside her daughter, Megan Staff, who flew over from Australia for the occasion.
The pair met the Queen as well as Lady Susan Hussey who is Dame Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order and Godmother to the Duke of Cambridge.
Ms Baxter was awarded the BEM for services to people with sight impairment in Stowmarket.
She has been a reader at Newstalk, a service which brings news to visually impaired people in the Stowmarket area for more than 30 years, and continues to read today.
You may also want to watch:
She was also commended for the work she has done to support people across Suffolk and Zimbabwe during her lifetime.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 6 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 7 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 8 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 9 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 10 Road reopens after crash in Ipswich street