Final call to sign up to Bury St Edmunds Race for Life
- Credit: Archant
Men, women and children are all being invited to take part in the Race for Life charity event in Bury St Edmunds next month.
Taking place at Nowton Park on Sunday, June 9, the fundraiser is organised by Cancer Research UK to support scientists in finding new ways to prevent, diagnose and treat the disease.
More than 1,200 people have signed up for the Bury event so far and there is still time to register here.
Participants will join together and remember loved ones lost to cancer or celebrate the lives of those who have survived cancer for the 5k/10k events.
Emily Rowling, event manager for Race for Life in Bury St Edmunds, said: "We're making a final call to the people of Bury St Edmunds to sign up today, as their participation and contribution is so important.
"Every day, around one in two people are diagnosed with cancer in the East. That's why we are calling on everyone - of all ages - to unite and help make a real different in the fight against the disease by joining Race for Life now.
You may also want to watch:
"Our events are fun, colourful, emotional and uplifting. You don't need to be sporty to take part. You don't have to train, and you certainly don't need to compete against anyone else!"
To enter Race for Life people can also call 0300 123 0770.
- 1 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 2 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 3 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 4 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 7 Matchday Live: Six new signings start as Town host Palace
- 8 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
- 9 Returning fans, new faces and a visit from Premier League royalty - Town face Crystal Palace as pre-season moves up a gear
- 10 Warnock on Town target Coulson's absence from Middlesbrough squad