Radio gears up for fundraising marathon
VOLUNTEER radio presenters are stocking up on coffee for a one off round-the-clock show.Last year, Radio West Suffolk had two pieces of equipment - a transmitter and a broadcasting system - fail.
VOLUNTEER radio presenters are stocking up on coffee for a one off round-the-clock show.
Last year, Radio West Suffolk had two pieces of equipment - a transmitter and a broadcasting system - fail. Although the station had the funds to replace them, it now needs to build up a new emergency fund.
To raise money, the station, which broadcasts from West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds, will be doing a 24-hour show on Good Friday presented by Brian Stoneham and Bob Gibb and produced by Sue Coombes.
“It is going to be very tough but also a lot of fun,” said Ms Coombes. “We've never done a 24-hour show before - we've stocked up on coffee but I'm hoping the adrenaline will keep us going and the listeners will 'phone in to keep us on our toes.”
Businesses interested in offering items for the auctions being held during the show should contact Ms Coombes on 01284 714803 and anybody interested in becoming a presenter or helping out should contact the station on 01284 713403.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 5 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 6 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 7 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 8 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143