RAF warn of increased activity over Suffolk airbase
- Credit: Cpl Dave Blackburn, RAF
Staff at RAF Honington have warned residents of an increase in aircraft activity next week.
Both air and ground crews will be carrying out essential training between Wednesday and Friday (July 21 to July 23) at the airbase near Bury St Edmunds.
A spokeswoman for the base said the training will take place in the skies over the base and in the local area.
It is expected to extend into the late hours, the spokeswoman added.
The west Suffolk airbase is home to three frontline RAF field squadrons and several specialist units such as the RAF Police Wing.
You may also want to watch:
More than 1,500 service personnel, civil servants and contractors work at the base.
A pair of Spitfires joined an RAF Typhoon and a Dakota in performing a display over the bae earlier this week ahead of the Virtual Air Tattoo on Saturday.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 4 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 5 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 6 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 7 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 9 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 10 Blues star looking forward to 'getting down to business'