Noise warning issued due to training at RAF Lakenheath
- Credit: PA
A noise warning has been issued to residents in the Lakenheath area as aircraft from the nearby RAF base take part in a training exercise.
The US Air Force 48th Fighter Wing, based at RAF Lakenheath, has said it will be holding the exercise up to Friday, March 26.
It said the operation will be in accordance with UK airspace regulations.
A spokesman for the US Air Force said: "Flying operations like this demonstrate our capability to rapidly generate sorties and provide both aircrew and support personnel stationed at RAF Lakenheath the experience needed to maintain a ready force capable of ensuring the collective defense of the NATO alliance.
"The 493rd Fighter Squadron is generating 54 sorties per day. The exercise does not include plans for low-altitude flying in the area.
"All training will be conducted in accordance with Ministry of Defence and UK airspace regulations."
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 5 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 6 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 7 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 8 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 9 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident
- 10 Aston Villa loanee Louie Barry is the forgotten signing at Ipswich Town... he'll be hoping to get his chance this week