RAF Lakenheath: Residents warned of late-night noise disruption
- Credit: citizenside.com
RAF Lakenheath has warned residents that there will be training exercises running later than normal for the next three nights.
The operations will run tonight, tomorrow and Wednesday, with jets returning to the base around midnight.
A spokesman from the base said: “The 48th Fighter Wing is scheduled to conduct night training missions from RAF Lakenheath May 19-22, 2014.
“The nighttime flying operations are required to maintain aircrew proficiency and ensure our pilots remain ready to meet future challenges.
“Due to summer daylight hours and airspace restrictions, 48th FW aircraft will be taking off and landing later than normal, with some aircraft arriving back at the installation around midnight on the scheduled dates.”
You may also want to watch:
For low-flying aircraft and aircraft-related noise concerns, please contact the RAF Lakenheath command post at 01638 524800.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich