Raiders target electric bike store in Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
Raiders made a failed attempt to break into the Charged Electric Bike store, in Bury St Edmunds, last night.
The incident took place at 9.47pm at the business, in Hillside Road, on the town’s Moreton Hall Estate.
According to police, suspects tried to force entry into the business but nothing was reported as stolen.
Although officers were quickly on scene, the suspects had already fled the scene.
The police helicopter was then deployed to find them.
You may also want to watch:
At around 10.45pm officers from Cambridgeshire Police brought a van to a stop using a stinger device at the Spittals Interchange on the A14.
A man in his 20s from the West Midlands was arrested in connection to the attempted burglary.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 5 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 6 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 10 'It was always going to be' - Cook confirms Morsy as Town's club captain
He will be brought to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre today to be questioned by detectives.
Anybody who witnessed the incident or who has any information are asked to call Suffolk Police on 101 quoting reference 37/2695/18.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org