Rail delays worsen after unruly passengers and trespassers bring more disruption
Disruptive passengers and trespassers are causing more chaos on the railways this afternoon to add to delays caused by ongoing bridge repairs.
Work to correct faults in the structure of an underbridge in Essex has meant trains being slowed down since Sunday.
But now two services between Ipswich and Felixstowe, and one between Ipswich and Peterborough, have been cancelled because of what Greater Anglia has said on its website was “a tresspass incident”.
The incident has also delayed some other trains passing through the county town’s station.
Meanwhile at least two services travelling northbound from London Liverpool Street have been delayed by around 15 minutes because of disruptive passengers.
You may also want to watch:
A late running freight train has also caused some minor problems.
For full details on all service alterations visit the Abellio Greater Anglia website.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 6 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 7 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 8 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 9 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 10 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win