Rail services between Ipswich and Needham Market delayed after horsebox strikes bridge
Rail services between Ipswich and Needham Market are currently delayed after a horse box got stuck under a railway bridge.
Suffolk police were notified of the incident, at the Coddenham Road bridge, at 4.31pm.
However, seven minutes later, the horsebox had been freed from under the bridge.
A spokeswoman for the force said there no serious damage to the bridge.
However, trains between the towns are going to be delayed by ten minutes until six o’clock due to the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Abellio Greater Anglia apologised for the delay to customers’ journeys.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 9 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 Exit Interview: Ward was the model pro who started fast but simply ran out of steam