Transport police release CCTV of man following attack on rail staff in Essex
- Credit: Archant
British Transport Police have released a CCTV image of a man they wish to speak to after a member of rail staff was grabbed by the throat and pushed on a train between Kelvedon and Witham in Essex.
The assault happened on Tuesday, June 26 between 11,54am and 12pm.
According to a spokesman for the BTP, a member of staff had asked to see a man’s ticket on board a train, which the passenger had refused to do.
He said: “When the member of staff said he would be calling the police, the man became violent and assaulted him.
“The member of staff was left shaken as a result of this unprovoked assault.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers would like to speak to the man captured on CCTV as he may have information that could assist in the investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact BTP by calling 0800 40 50 40 or texting 61016, with reference 286 of June 26.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 5 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 9 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 10 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions