Delays at Ipswich and Colchester as ‘unforeseen’ issues combine with planned rail closures
- Credit: Archant
More than 200 services have been delayed on Greater Anglia’s main line this weekend - with unforeseen maintenance issues compounding disruption caused by planned works on the track to London Liverpool Street.
The rail provider had warned it would be closing a portion of the track to London between Liverpool Street and Ingatstone as part of its planned improvement works on Saturday and Sunday.
Regular buses are running non-stop from Chelmsford and Witham to Ingatstone, as well as on the Witham to Braintree line.
Now, due to unforeseen issues with the planned engineering works, bus services are being extended - the Braintree buses will now run to Ingatstone too, and more buses between Chelmsford and Ingatstaone have been added.
Trains are expected to be running around 10 minutes late at stops as far out as Colchester and Ipswich, with Greater Anglia asking passengers to allow extra time for their journeys.
You may also want to watch:
It is expected the issue will be resolved for tomorrow, with the company stating that services will be disrupted until 2.30am Monday morning.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 6 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 7 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 8 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 9 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 10 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results