Railway exhibition and “railwayana” auction in aid of Campsea Ashe Station House project
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
A charity campaigning to transform a disused station house in east Suffolk into a community hub is holding a fundraising model railway exhibition alongside a “railwayana” auction next month.
Station House Community Connections, which is organising the Station House regeneration campaign in Campsea Ashe, has teamed up with Clarke & Simpson’s Auction Centre in the village for the event on Saturday, June 13.
Engineering displays and model railway layouts will be on show at the event, which will also feature trade and other railway-related charity stands, films, an outdoor ride-on, engineering demonstrations and engine displays.
Volunteers from the Station House project will be informing people about their plans to combine the heritage of the site with community facilities, including a cafe, broadband, bookshop and meeting rooms.
Project chairman Robert Webb said: “People are always fascinated to know why Wickham Market Station is in Campsea Ashe.
You may also want to watch:
“We explain the reasons, and how significant our local railway has been to the history of the region since it was built in 1859, and how important it is for maintaining the area as a great place to live, work and visit.”
Entry to the Station House event, which runs from 10am to 4pm, costs £4.50, £2 for under-16s. The auction, featuring collectables and model railway items, starts at 12noon.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
Visit www.stationhousecampseaashe.co.uk for information.