Sunny spells expected but thunderstorms are on the way
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
People in Suffolk and Essex will be swapping their sun hats for umbrellas as the week goes on - with heavy rain and thunderstorms expected to hit the region.
Warm weather - with high temperatures of 23C (73F) - is predicted for tomorrow before expected heavy rain and thunderstorms at the back end of the week.
Zoe Johnson, from East Anglian-based weather forecasters Weatherquest, said: "It will be a largely dry day on Wednesday, with plenty of sunny spells and some patchy afternoon cloud expected.
"A dry start on Thursday before cloud increases, bringing the risk of showers with these becoming fairly widespread throughout the afternoon with some turning heavy in places.
"It will remain unsettled into Friday with further showers likely, especially in the afternoon and showers may turn heavy and thundery in places."
You may also want to watch:
Forecasters have also said that the showers will also mean temperatures will feel cooler than normal for this time of year.
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 3 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 9 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour