More rain on the way for Suffolk and north Essex this week
- Credit: Archant
More wet spells are in store for Suffolk later this week, which could make it harder for families and friends to arrange outside meet-ups in advance.
Forecasters say there will be some dry weather and sunshine in between the showers - but the outlook is changeable, so forecasts could change quite quickly.
Adam Dury, a forecaster for Weatherquest, which is based in Norwich, said the rest of Monday would mainly be dry, although there is a chance of showers on the East Coast.
He said: “Tuesday will be dry, but there is going to be some rain around on Wednesday.
“There may also be rain for a time on Thursday or Friday. Friday afternoon is currently looking the most likely time for rain.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Dury said this week’s rain would mostly be light, although there was a possibility of some heavier showers. He said there was no suggestion of thunderstorms.
Temperatures are currently cooler than of late, with Weatherquest predicting a maximum temperature of 16C (60F) for East Anglia today, but it is expected to warm up again later in the week.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 4 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 7 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 8 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 9 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 10 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
Mr Dury said: “On Friday, the temperatures could be back up to the high teens or low 20s.”
June’s rain comes after prolonged dry weather and sunshine during May.