More rain on the way for Suffolk and north Essex this week
- Credit: Archant
More wet spells are in store for Suffolk later this week, which could make it harder for families and friends to arrange outside meet-ups in advance.
Forecasters say there will be some dry weather and sunshine in between the showers - but the outlook is changeable, so forecasts could change quite quickly.
Adam Dury, a forecaster for Weatherquest, which is based in Norwich, said the rest of Monday would mainly be dry, although there is a chance of showers on the East Coast.
He said: “Tuesday will be dry, but there is going to be some rain around on Wednesday.
“There may also be rain for a time on Thursday or Friday. Friday afternoon is currently looking the most likely time for rain.”
Mr Dury said this week’s rain would mostly be light, although there was a possibility of some heavier showers. He said there was no suggestion of thunderstorms.
Temperatures are currently cooler than of late, with Weatherquest predicting a maximum temperature of 16C (60F) for East Anglia today, but it is expected to warm up again later in the week.
- 1 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 2 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 3 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 4 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 5 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 6 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 7 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking
- 8 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 9 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 10 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow
Mr Dury said: “On Friday, the temperatures could be back up to the high teens or low 20s.”
June’s rain comes after prolonged dry weather and sunshine during May.