Rain, sleet and 65mph winds set for Suffolk tonight
Forecasters have warned of strong winds of around 65mph that are expected to sweep into the county this evening, as a wet and windy night is expected to continue into the morning.
Today is likely to remain dry with a slight chance of showers and temperatures around 5C (41F) for most of the day.
Chris Bell, Weatherquest forecaster said: “Tonight around midnight we are going to see rain sweep in from the west, and there might be a little sleet, but for Ipswich and Suffolk we are not expecting anything to settle.
“In general it turns to quite heavy rain around midnight.”
Temperatures are set to plummet to around freezing at midnight, before warming up to around 5C (41F) again in the morning.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bell added: “Definitely the biggest concern is wind speeds.
“At the moment we are looking at wind gusts picking up around 4-5am and it’s going to be very windy through the morning and set to die down through the afternoon.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 6 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 9 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 10 Long queues at Primark from 7am in Ipswich as lockdown eases
“In land I suspect we are looking at 50-60mph winds, and if you are in the coastal areas you could be looking at 65mph.”
The possibility of 70mph winds in north Norfolk were also on the cards.
Motorists are being warned to plan their journeys in the morning, and leave extra time for any weather-related incidents.