Rain across region but dry and fine weather to come
- Credit: Gregg Brown
It was a wet start for most people across Suffolk and north Essex today but the rain is expected to clear as the day goes on.
The rain could get heavy at times but is forecast to clear in the late afternoon with high temperatures of around 19C (66F).
Phil Garner, forecaster at Norwich-based Weatherquest, said: “This is a cold front coming through from the west but it should clear into the North Sea by the afternoon.
“The last of the rain should clear to the east by 4pm, and should it be a fine and dry night.
“Tomorrow should be a reasonably sunny and dry day with highs of around 21C.”
You may also want to watch:
Looking ahead to the weekend, Mr Garner said much of the region should stay dry.
He said: “It’s going to be largely fine and dry, mixed in with some cloudy spells. Temperature-wise, we’re looking at 22C/23C for both days.”
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 6 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 7 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 8 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 9 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards