No hope of rain despite today’s cooler temperatures
Hopes that the cooler weather will bring rain to the area today were dashed by forecasters.
In fact the day is set to get warmer towards this afternoon with temperatures rising to 20/22F.
So although the sun hats and sun cream are likely to be put away for the early part of the day there may be a need to use them later.
Richard Jones, from Weatherquest, based in Norwich, said there had been reports of some light rain across the region as a result of the low cloud and it has not been a completely dry start for some people.
“We are expecting the low cloud will thin and break and we will see some sunny spells across the region but it will stay that bit cooler along the coast.
You may also want to watch:
“We have had a few spits and spots of rain this morning but by Friday there a good chance of seeing some showers as we head towards the weekend.
“It will feel a little fresher today and temperatures will be closer to the average for this time of the year rising to 20/22F later today.”
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 5 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 7 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 9 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 10 Town's first game of the season will be all-ticket