‘Imogen has a heart of gold’ says proud mum as daughter supports charity
- Credit: Archant
This young girl has brought some colour into her Suffolk neighbourhood by making rainbow friendship bracelets to raise money for the NHS.
Imogen Leeds is just nine but is already giving back to her community by fundraising during the coronavirus lockdown.
Her mum, Laura Collins, said it was all her daughter’s idea and said: “I wasn’t surprised when she said she wanted to do this.
“Everyone in the area has been so nice about it and they’ve all come along and bought some.
“Imogen has a heart of gold she really is the sweetest little girl and she makes me so proud – she is very thoughtful and thinks about others a lot.”
You may also want to watch:
This is the first time the Needham Market youngster has done any charity work but she has already raised £70 towards her £100 target.
She is selling the bracelets for 50p each and leaves them in a tub at the front of the house for passers by.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 9 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit