Stunning rainbows over Suffolk - did you take a photo?
- Credit: Emma Farrell
Did you see a stunning rainbow in the skies over Suffolk last night?
Photographers rushed to get a shot of rainbows which appeared briefly around 6pm in the Ipswich and Stowmarket areas on Monday evening.
Emma Farrell captured an unusual full double rainbow over Stowmarket in her picture.
And Twitter user Lindsay, from Ipswich, posted another impressive rainbow image, commenting: “Blink and it’s gone.”
Paul Geater thought he had missed his chance to photograph a rainbow over Ipswich, which disappeared just as he was getting out his phone.
You may also want to watch:
But he said: “Five minutes later another rainbow appeared, and I was in time to take a photo of that one.”
Rainbows are currently very much in the public mind, with a Rainbow trail appearing in windows around Suffolk as families aim to spread inspiring messages while staying at home. Ipswich mum Crystal Stanley set up the Rainbow Trail facebook group, which has thousands of members around the world.
• Did you see the rainbow in the skies last night, and did you get a photo? Email us your photos to include in a gallery. Please say where you took the pictures.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 6 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 7 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 8 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
- 9 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 10 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire