Ramsholt: Motorcyclist, 17, in hospital with ‘serious’ injuries after crash with tractor
A 17-year-old male motorcyclist is in hospital with “serious” injuries after becoming trapped under a tractor in a road collision in Suffolk.
A 17-year-old male motorcyclist is in hospital with “serious” injuries after becoming trapped under a tractor in a road collision near a Suffolk church.
Emergency crews were called to All Saints Church in Ramsholt following reports of the collision between a Yamaha motorcycle and a tractor shortly before 6.40am today.
Firefighters cut free the teenager before he was taken to Ipswich Hospital suffering from serious leg, arm and pelvic injuries, a Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said.
The narrow rural road, Mill Road, was completely blocked for several hours during the incident.
Critical care paramedic Neil Flowers, of the East of England Ambulance Service, who attended the scene said: “The patient, who we believe to be 17 years old, was found trapped against a bank and the tractor for around half an hour.
“The patient sustained serious injuries and, due to this, he required sedating at the roadside before he was transported to Ipswich Hospital for further care.
- 1 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 2 Norwood holds talks with one of Town's fellow League One rivals
- 3 Investigations continuing after man suffers serious injuries in crash
- 4 See inside stunning £1.85M home with 'fabulous' outside pool and paddocks
- 5 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 6 Gameday: 'Great to be back!' Blue Army at Needham give their thoughts
- 7 Missing 17-year-old boy found safe
- 8 Hunt continues for group of youths who pushed man to ground and stole bike
- 9 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 10 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
“I wish to thank my colleagues, the fire and police for their help and assistance dealing with this incident.”
A spokesman for the Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: “Crews arrived to find one motorcycle had collided with a tractor and the rider was trapped under the tractor.
“Following an assessment from the Ambulance Service, crews released one casualty.
“The incident was under control at 7.45am.”
A spokesman for the Suffolk Accident Rescue Service (SARS) said: “A teenage motorcyclist was involved in a head-on collision with a tractor at around 6.35am in Ramsholt.
“The young man suffered serious leg injuries and was treated at the scene by the SARS CCP and ambulance crews from Ipswich.
“The driver of the tractor is not thought to have suffered any injuries.
“The teenager was subsequently transferred to Ipswich Hospital by land ambulance for further treatment.”