Ramsholt: Motorcyclist, 17, in hospital with ‘serious’ injuries after crash with tractor
A 17-year-old male motorcyclist is in hospital with “serious” injuries after becoming trapped under a tractor in a road collision in Suffolk.
A 17-year-old male motorcyclist is in hospital with “serious” injuries after becoming trapped under a tractor in a road collision near a Suffolk church.
Emergency crews were called to All Saints Church in Ramsholt following reports of the collision between a Yamaha motorcycle and a tractor shortly before 6.40am today.
Firefighters cut free the teenager before he was taken to Ipswich Hospital suffering from serious leg, arm and pelvic injuries, a Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said.
The narrow rural road, Mill Road, was completely blocked for several hours during the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Critical care paramedic Neil Flowers, of the East of England Ambulance Service, who attended the scene said: “The patient, who we believe to be 17 years old, was found trapped against a bank and the tractor for around half an hour.
“The patient sustained serious injuries and, due to this, he required sedating at the roadside before he was transported to Ipswich Hospital for further care.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 5 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 6 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn
“I wish to thank my colleagues, the fire and police for their help and assistance dealing with this incident.”
A spokesman for the Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: “Crews arrived to find one motorcycle had collided with a tractor and the rider was trapped under the tractor.
“Following an assessment from the Ambulance Service, crews released one casualty.
“The incident was under control at 7.45am.”
A spokesman for the Suffolk Accident Rescue Service (SARS) said: “A teenage motorcyclist was involved in a head-on collision with a tractor at around 6.35am in Ramsholt.
“The young man suffered serious leg injuries and was treated at the scene by the SARS CCP and ambulance crews from Ipswich.
“The driver of the tractor is not thought to have suffered any injuries.
“The teenager was subsequently transferred to Ipswich Hospital by land ambulance for further treatment.”