Man, 43, charged with rape after woman found near A12
- Credit: Archant
A 43-year-old man in Essex has been charged with rape after a woman was found at a junction of the A12.
Essex Police were called during the early hours of Tuesday July 14, with concerns for the welfare of a woman near to junction 22 of the A12, north of Witham.
Officers arrived and a woman, aged in her 20s, reported that she had been raped.
Marian Tanascua, 43, and of no fixed address, was arrested and charged with three counts of rape.
He is due to appear at Chelmsford Magistrate’s Court today, July 15.
You may also want to watch:
Braintree and Uttlesford District Commander Chief Inspector Janette Rawlingson said: “Thankfully, incidents like this are rare and Witham remains a safe place.
“Our officers responded quickly to the report and following a thorough investigation process we have charged a man.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 4 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 5 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 6 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 7 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 8 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 9 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 10 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
“Nevertheless, our officers will be patrolling in the area and should anyone have any worries or concerns, please do not hesitate to come and speak to us.”