Rape investigators want to trace taxi driver
A taxi driver may hold key information for detectives investigating a rape in Essex.
Police in Braintree are hoping that a taxi driver can help provide vital information after a local woman in her early 20s was raped in the early hours of Saturday, August 28.
Investigators would like to speak to a taxi driver who picked up a man and woman from outside Braintree Town Hall between 2am and 3am and took them to the Bocking Churchstreet area.
The taxi driver was an older man and driving a dark blue or silver estate car.
That man, or anyone who recognises him, is asked to contact police at Braintree on 0300 333 4444 and speak to Pc Anna Davison.
You may also want to watch:
A 28-year-old man was arrested on August 28 and has been released on bail until October 20 while enquiries continue.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 8 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 9 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 10 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence