Rape suspect arrested by police
POLICE have arrested man on suspicion of rape following an alleged sex attack in a Sudbury car park.
The arrest is in relation to a rape alleged to have taken place at 3am on Saturday morning in Cornard Road.
Police say the woman had been on a night out and during the evening had spoken to two men in a pub, but at about 3am the woman was walking along Cornard Road when one of the men from the pub offered her a lift in a silver Peugeot.
It is understood the woman got into the car and was driven into a nearby car park where she was raped.
Police have today confirmed a man has been arrrested in connection with the alleged offence.
You may also want to watch:
The 27-year-old man, who is from Sudbury, is currently in custody at Bury St Edmunds Police Station where he will be questioned later by detectives.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 6 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 9 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
- 10 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club